What does ChoiceCenter offer?
Join Daniel Negreanu for our Friends & Family Workshop Call Here
Since 1998, ChoiceCenter has offered adult and teen EQ development and essential leadership courses using experiential learning to elevate Emotional Intelligence (EQ) – the single biggest factor in determining success in life.
Graduate Success Stories
Don’t miss this wisdom from tax superstar Maureen Pehachek – a Partner at PricewaterhouseCoopers and the first female Partner at Arthur Anderson in 1992!
What if meeting your celebrity crush absolutely shifted your life’s trajectory? That’s what happened when the Chief Talent Officer for Cancer Centers of America randomly met Poker Pro Antonio Esfandiari.
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS OF RAISING
YOUR "EQ" EMOTIONAL INTELLIGENCE?
Emotional Intelligence (EQ) was popularized in 1995 by author Daniel Goleman who teaches that a high IQ isn’t the most significant predictor of success in life and leadership. He believes that our EQ – our ability to relate to people and build relationships — is a far greater quotient in determining our success and earning potential.
According to the Harvard Business Review, “Studies have shown that a high emotional quotient (or EQ) boosts career success, entrepreneurial potential, leadership talent, health, relationship satisfaction, humor, and happiness. It is also the best antidote to work stress and it matters in every job — because all jobs involve dealing with people, and people with higher EQ are more rewarding to deal with.”
The five components of Emotional Intelligence include:
- Self-awareness: understanding your moods, emotions and drive and how they impact others
- Self-regulation: thinking before you respond, and suspending judgment of others and yourself
- Motivation: developing a passion for what you do that transcends money and status
- Social Skills: the ability to develop rapport and intimacy to create and manage relationships
- Empathy: understanding the emotions of others